When people talk about a work-life balance, they mean that we should find a balance between work and our personal lives, which is definitely true. The key is to remember that what we’re looking for is a balance between the things we love — not just work and the rest of life, but work and family and hobbies and chores and everything else.
• Schedule time blocks. Schedule chunks of time throughout your week for all the things that are important.
• Set limits. If you have a limit of 8 hours to work, stick with it. This will help keep the essential tasks within these limits.
• Make dates with family and friends. Instead of just talking about getting together, make it happen by scheduling time with them on a regular basis.
• Make dates with yourself. Schedule time to do what you love doing by yourself.
• Have a partner. Sometimes it helps to make an appointment with a partner, whether that is a training partner or someone to help with a project or hobby.
• Examine your life regularly. Find time for reflection and decide if you need to make changes.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
Excerpts from http://Zenhabits.net/2008/11/how-to-find-that-elusive-balance-between-work-and-life
Written by Marsha Hatfied-Elwell, Central East-Coast Recruiter, ETS Dental. You can reach Marsha at (540) 491-9106 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ten Fun Quotes About Teeth, Smiles, And Dentistry
May 20, 2021
“Every tooth in a man’s head is more valuable than a diamond.” —Miguel de Cervantes, Don Quixote “Lying through your teeth does not count as flossing.” —Autho...
Is a Personal Brand Website Right for Me?
Mar 9, 2020
There was a time that you literally had to be a computer scientist to create a website promoting your expertise. With the rise of Wix, Squarespace, Wordpress, and other platfo...
Creating a Powerful LinkedIn Profile
Aug 27, 2019
You never get a second chance to make a first impression. These days, your first contact with a potential employer usually isn’t a phone call or a handshake. To land a job, ...
5 Ways to Stay Engaged Under Poor Leadership
Sep 12, 2018
Workers enthused about what they do for a living tend to be happier and perform their best work. Yet as several polls suggest, many Americans can't help but feel disconnected ...
What Dental Associates Should Expect of a Mentor
Aug 7, 2018
Dental mentorship programs are important to your future, and the future of the dental industry. Mentors provide the next generation of dental experts an opportunity to gather ...
About ETS Dental
Jun 19, 2014
Building Practices - Enhancing Careers Are you seeking a new opportunity? Is finding a long-term Associate, Potential Partner or Potential Buyer for your practice at the to...
Balancing the Chaos – Ten Tips to Create a Better Work Life Balance
Oct 9, 2013
I feel like I should start a support group with this introduction, but… Hi, my name is Tiffany and I suffer from horrible work/life balance. I work full time, am taking cl...
Where is everyone moving? – Household Moving Migration Patterns
Feb 23, 2012
2011 Migration Patterns by Atlas Van Lines...
Nov 3, 2010
ETS Dental 2840 Hershberger RoadSuite BRoanoke, VA 24017Fax: (540) 563-1687www.etsdental.comwww.facebook.com/ETSdentalMark Kennedy (email@example.com)Manag...
The Secret Lives of Dentists
May 24, 2010
I remember the first time that I ran into my family dentist in town rather than in his office. I was a teenager at the time, so I should not have been shocked that my dentist ...