When people talk about a work-life balance, they mean that we should find a balance between work and our personal lives, which is definitely true. The key is to remember that what we’re looking for is a balance between the things we love — not just work and the rest of life, but work and family and hobbies and chores and everything else.
• Schedule time blocks. Schedule chunks of time throughout your week for all the things that are important.
• Set limits. If you have a limit of 8 hours to work, stick with it. This will help keep the essential tasks within these limits.
• Make dates with family and friends. Instead of just talking about getting together, make it happen by scheduling time with them on a regular basis.
• Make dates with yourself. Schedule time to do what you love doing by yourself.
• Have a partner. Sometimes it helps to make an appointment with a partner, whether that is a training partner or someone to help with a project or hobby.
• Examine your life regularly. Find time for reflection and decide if you need to make changes.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
Excerpts from http://Zenhabits.net/2008/11/how-to-find-that-elusive-balance-between-work-and-life
Written by Marsha Hatfied-Elwell, Central East-Coast Recruiter, ETS Dental. You can reach Marsha at (540) 491-9106 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sep 12, 2018
Workers enthused about what they do for a living tend to be happier and perform their best work. Yet as several polls suggest, many Americans can't help but feel disconnected
Jun 19, 2014
Building Practices - Enhancing Careers Are you seeking a new opportunity? Is finding a long-term Associate, Potential Partner or Potential Buyer for your practice at the to
Dec 4, 2009
An Analysis of Today's Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) Report The full report can be seen here: http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.htm. In January of 2008--24 month
Apr 23, 2009
This is a great post from the DMDstudent.com. Visit his site for more great articles.Over the course of this website’s history I have recieved several emails asking how I ba
Oct 9, 2013
I feel like I should start a support group with this introduction, but… Hi, my name is Tiffany and I suffer from horrible work/life balance. I work full time, am taking cl
Apr 16, 2009
Change Your Assumptions, Change Your World - On Careers (usnews.com)
Nov 3, 2010
ETS Dental 2840 Hershberger RoadSuite BRoanoke, VA 24017Fax: (540) 563-1687www.etsdental.comwww.facebook.com/ETSdentalMark Kennedy (email@example.com)Manag
Aug 27, 2019
You never get a second chance to make a first impression. These days, your first contact with a potential employer usually isn’t a phone call or a handshake. To land a job,
May 12, 2010
In 1952 Swedish professor Per-Ingvar Brånemark became very irritated when he was unable to remove any of the bone anchored titanium microscopes that he was using in his resea