The market for dental talent has always been competitive. Several factors have combined to make what was already a tight market even more challenging. These include:
- Graduation vs Retirement Imbalances: For many years, there has been a long-term trend of fewer dentists coming into practice than those retiring. This has continued to compound and is further evidenced in today’s dental employment market.
- Covid-19 Disruptions: The pandemic made the entry of new dentists into the market irregular. Despite the best efforts of dental schools, proctored clinical work was largely put on hold at the beginning of the pandemic.
- Dental Licensing Barriers: Processes necessary for licensing were delayed in many areas at the onset of COVID-19 as well, leading to a backlog of dentists and dental specialists trying to acquire licensure.
- More Specialization: Increasing specialization results in many dentists who may be trained as full-service dentists focusing on cosmetic dentistry or some other aspect of the field.
- Growing Number of Corporate Practices: The continued emergence of regional and national dental providers has intensified competition among practices for early-career dentists.
- Retirement Goals: The burgeoning investment market and record-high stock market have accelerated some late-career dentist’s retirement horizons.
If your practice is struggling to keep up with your patient count, there’s never been a better time to contact us. We have conversations with qualified candidates every day. Many of these dentists are not looking for jobs – they would never look at the job boards – but they are looking for the right fit. We will work with you to spotlight your opportunity and give you the best chance of landing the perfect candidate. Along the way, we will save you the time, effort, and expense of advertising your position and screening candidates who might not be a good fit. We may already know your perfect candidate!
Hiring Master Tip: Don’t Wait Until It’s Too Late
Nov 3, 2021
As the largest and most successful dental recruiting firm in the country, we know a thing or two when it comes to growing your practice. In short, we've observed that practice...
The One That Got Away
Jun 23, 2021
You thought your staffing issue was solved. You felt you had the right fit, you were confident the job offer was solid, you made the offer, and yet, somehow, they took another...
Are You Ready for What’s Next?
Mar 24, 2021
Everyone is trying to understand what’s coming next in a post-COVID-19 world. While we have no special foresight into the future of the pandemic, we can tell you what we hav...
The Right Questions to Ask When You Meet a Candidate
Jun 16, 2020
There is a common perception that interviews are about putting the best face forward for both the practice and the potential employee. While it is natural to want to make a go...
Planning Ahead – Hiring for the Future of Your Practice
Apr 22, 2020
With some states in the beginning stages of lifting isolation restrictions and making small, careful steps toward a new normal after the COVID-19 crisis, many of the practice ...
Interview Logistics 101: Putting a Candidate at Ease
Jan 21, 2020
You think you’ve found a candidate who might just be the perfect fit and you’re looking forward to a great interview. However, your candidate could have a flight delay on ...
Ten Great Quotes to Inspire You to Find Your Next Superstar Associate
Jan 13, 2020
“Hire people who are smarter than you are—whose talents surpass yours—and give them opportunities for growth. It's the smart thing to do and it is a sign of high persona...
New Year. New Hire?
Jan 2, 2020
The big ball has dropped. The champagne has popped. The calendar page has turned. A lot of the planning for 2020 has probably already taken place. Now it’s time to start ...
Playing to Win – How to Seal the Deal with a Potential New Hire
Nov 26, 2019
The rest of the corporate America is dealing with what dental practices have known for years: it's tough to attract and retain top talent. Even when you find a promising candi...
Enticing Candidates with a Lifestyle, Not Just an Opportunity
Oct 15, 2019
There was a time when the practice owner looking to hire a Dentist or Dental Specialist was in a pretty good position. While there has always been competition for top candidat...