Post Interview Tip.
It’s simple, quick and leaves a lasting impression and makes a significant difference in who gets an offer of employment. Research indicates that only 20% of candidates who have been on an interview do it. Where are the other 80% of job seekers missing the boat?
Sending a thank you note! You have spent years in school preparing for your career, weeks researching potential companies and probably traveled a great distance for the interview. You feel that the interview went well and you really want the position so what do you do when you leave the interview? More often than not, just return home and wait for a call back.
After all of this time, money and effort you really need to follow-up with a thank you note. Most hiring authorities prefer a simple, to the point email. Thank them for their time and let them know that you want the job. It is that simple and can be done in a matter of minutes. The result can be a long rewarding career.
Posted by Gary Harris, Account Executive Recruiter for Dental Specialists-Nationwide. To find out more, call Gary at (540) 491-9115 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beyond the Salary – Intangible Benefits for Dentists to Consider
Sep 27, 2021
When looking at changing practices, financial compensation is often one of the first things to be compared. It's easy and quantifiable. As you evaluate and compare differen...
Reasons to Use a Recruiter in a Candidate-Driven Market
Sep 1, 2021
We'll be the first to admit it's currently a hot employment market, with demand for qualified associates at unprecedented levels all across the country. If you're a dentist lo...
Two New Factors to Consider in Your Job Search
Aug 20, 2021
The employment market for dentists has never been better. That's good. But there are some things to consider that have been less important in previous years. The package, f...
Maybe It’s Time to Go – 7 Signs to Start Job Hunting
May 28, 2020
Every job has its good days and bad, but what are the signs you need to be polishing up your CV? At ETS, we work with practices and candidates every day, and these are the thi...
Job Seekers: It’s Time to Strengthen Your Personal Brand
May 19, 2020
Dental practices across the country are going to take some time to rebound in the wake of the COVID-19 shutdowns. This will surely delay or slow down the hiring of Associates,...
Is a Personal Brand Website Right for Me?
Mar 9, 2020
There was a time that you literally had to be a computer scientist to create a website promoting your expertise. With the rise of Wix, Squarespace, Wordpress, and other platfo...
Looking for a New Job While Keeping Your Current Job
Feb 6, 2020
Nearly everyone agrees that the best time to look for a job is when you are gainfully employed. It can be tricky, but here are a few hints. 1) Don’t share with co-workers ...
6 Good Reasons to Look for a New Opportunity
Jan 27, 2020
At some point, virtually every dental associate finds themselves wondering if it’s time to seek greener professional pastures. Setting aside the justifiable trigger issues s...
Reasons Why 2020 May be the Best Time to Find a New Job
Dec 23, 2019
As each year comes to a close, it is natural to take inventory of the things we’ve accomplished over the past twelve months. At the same time, we get to look forward to what...
How to Keep Your Job Search Productive During the Holidays
Dec 18, 2019
From November to January, most of us have about a million distractions competing for our attention. Between the mashed potato-induced comas, wrapping gifts and ringing in the ...