See the link below for the full story.
For the current student and new graduate:
1. Learn more about the business of dentistry.
2. Take CE classes outside of the dental school to gain a real world perspective.
3. Begin the search for a position earlier and look at more out-of-state opportunities.
4. Know what you want to gain out of your first position (ie. partnership, hours, mentorship, compensation etc.) and look beyond the financial incentives.
5. Talk to as many dentists as you can before getting out of school.
For the practicing dentist or practice owner:
1. Join the local Chamber of Commerce
2. On partnerships, focus on your relationship with your potential partner. Do you genuinely enjoy their company and feel they have your best interest at heart?
3. Hire staff for attitude and integrity.
4. Talk to dentists you know about everything from equipment and staffing to financial planning.
5. Keeping average employees too long instead of recruiting the best.
Written by Rob Knezovich, Recruiter at ETS Dental. You can reach Rob at (540) 491-9107 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Find out more at www.etsdental.com.
Jan 24, 2024
Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced Dentist, it's always a good idea to polish up your interview skills before jumping into your job search. Take a few moments ...
Sep 27, 2021
When looking at changing practices, financial compensation is often one of the first things to be compared. It's easy and quantifiable. As you evaluate and compare differen...
Sep 1, 2021
We'll be the first to admit it's currently a hot employment market, with demand for qualified associates at unprecedented levels all across the country. If you're a dentist lo...
Aug 20, 2021
The employment market for dentists has never been better. That's good. But there are some things to consider that have been less important in previous years. The package, f...
May 28, 2020
Every job has its good days and bad, but what are the signs you need to be polishing up your CV? At ETS, we work with practices and candidates every day, and these are the thi...
May 19, 2020
Dental practices across the country are going to take some time to rebound in the wake of the COVID-19 shutdowns. This will surely delay or slow down the hiring of Associates,...
Mar 9, 2020
There was a time that you literally had to be a computer scientist to create a website promoting your expertise. With the rise of Wix, Squarespace, Wordpress, and other platfo...
Feb 6, 2020
Nearly everyone agrees that the best time to look for a job is when you are gainfully employed. It can be tricky, but here are a few hints. 1) Don’t share with co-workers ...
Jan 27, 2020
At some point, virtually every dental associate finds themselves wondering if it’s time to seek greener professional pastures. Setting aside the justifiable trigger issues s...
Dec 23, 2019
As each year comes to a close, it is natural to take inventory of the things we’ve accomplished over the past twelve months. At the same time, we get to look forward to what...