- Production goals
- Required schedule
- Transition plans
- Associate’s leadership role in the practice in relation to staff
- Whether the associate will have any say so in equipment, office systems, and staff management
- Insurance accepted by the practice
- Particular cases or situations which must be handled by the owner
- What must be referred out
- Income goals
- Transition or practice ownership goals
- Skill sets
- Comfort level with various cases and patient types
- Length of time willing to commit to a practice/area
- Will My New Associate Be Here In 6 Months?
- Associate Dentist Interview Tips
- Can your Dental Practice Support an Additional Dentist as an Associate or Partner?
- Resources for a Practice Owner Preparing to Interview Associate Candidates
Carl Guthrie is a Dental Recruiter with ETS Dental. He covers the Western U.S. Region. Carl can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.facebook.com/carl.guthrie
Dental Residents – How to Find a Job Coming Out of your AEGD or GPR
Jan 3, 2014
Congratulations! After spending your whole life in school and residency you can finally see the end in sight. Now it is time to start putting all that education to use but fin...
Grow Your Practice in the Upcoming Year with a Business Plan
Nov 14, 2012
The theme of my articles around this time of year always revolves around planning and goal setting. Like it or not, we are just 45 days away from the end of 2012. It’s in th...
Will My New Associate Be Here in 6 Months?
Oct 11, 2012
As recruiters, we are frequently asked, “What is your success rate?”We took a look at the placement history of more than 1,200 placements we've made between our two niches...
Longer Tenures Create Opportunities for Workers and Challenges for Employers
Oct 8, 2012
It’s become gospel in recent years that workers jump from job to job to job. Some reports say that the average person entering the workforce today will go through as many as...
Snapping on the Job
Sep 19, 2012
I know what you are thinking; this blog is geared at the eye care field, not our postal service. You are correct, of course. But the “snapping” that I am refer...
Jobs Recovery Increasingly Uneven as Talent Gap Widens
Sep 7, 2012
In June, total job openings in the U.S. grew to 3.76 million, according to the Labor Department, the highest level since the summer of 2008. In the past 36 months, job opening...
Moving This Summer?
Jun 13, 2012
Now that summer is upon us, you may be preparing to move - and one of the most significant challenges is likely the relocation of children. Our friends at FAS ...
Three Years After Recession a Long-Tail Emerges
Jun 1, 2012
As Tolstoy famously said, “The strongest of all warriors are these two – time and patience.” On the tail end of fighting through the longest recession in the memories of...
Thank You Note
May 17, 2012
Post Interview Tip:It’s simple, quick, leaves a lasting impression and makes a significant difference in who gets an offer of employment. Research indicates that only 20% o...
As Job Market Improves, Candidates Notice
May 7, 2012
In the depths of the recession, as unemployment rates were rising and everyone knew someone who was being affected, "It's better than no job at all" became a common refrain ac...